Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i was wondering if anyone knows if i get a hotshot header for my 03 spec v will i be able to pass inspection. i was talking to a guy at intercrew auto solan and he said that it wont pass. is there a way to pass with a header. thanks for the help

·
specV Addict
855 Posts
yes it will pass...as long as you extended the o2 sensor and didn't use a simulator. My car passed just fine with i/h/e

and they only plug the car in for an obd2 scan, the don't really do any emissions testing

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
so then i wil need to relocate an 02 sensor, and i should not worry about it passing inspections.....
also what do you have on your car i have the same one....

·
specV Addict
855 Posts
BLKV03 said:
so then i wil need to relocate an 02 sensor, and i should not worry about it passing inspections.....
also what do you have on your car i have the same one....
i have intake only now

·
Back in a Nissan....
105 Posts
tekmode said:
and they only plug the car in for an obd2 scan, the don't really do any emissions testing
not true. all factory emissions equipment must be in good working order.

·
Registered
2 Posts
im sellin it cuz im gettin rid of my car and most of the time the inspector wont look for the cat or at the exhaust unless they hear a leak but a header on a spec is illegal and there are inspectors out there that go by the book u just gotta know who to go to

·
Back in a Nissan....
105 Posts
gt95stang300 said:
there are inspectors out there that go by the book
I look for everything to cover my ass.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts