Nissan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wanted to start this thread as a reference of b13 parts
that are compatible with the b12 if you have used a part
and you are certain it works post it, dont post if you THINK it works.
so if you installed a b13 part on your b12 post away.
hope this helps some folks.

· Soon to be GA16it
444 Posts
GA16DE header on GA16i. Fits perfect, cept for the EGR pipe. You will need to lengthen it. Also there is no AIV pipe bung on the GA16DE header. The AIV is for cold start only and it does not affect the performance, but it will affect the amount of pollutants coming out. It could be a concern if you live where you need to emission test your car. Hotshot, Pacesetter, OBX and other E-bay brands make these header. Hotshot is the best performance hands down, but the most expensive.

· Registered
294 Posts
here is a nice lil list.

this is a list for SE-R parts to B12

struts
bushings
springs/coil overs
sway bars
brakes and rotors
shift linkage
clutch cables
short shifters
stearing wheels
consoles
seats
grill;s with some mod
all strut bars

i think there might be a few more things, but all of that will fit. and i am certain. because i have fit them.

I actually put my 89 struts with sprint springs on my b13 SE-R

· Registered
752 Posts
Dropped89 said:
here is a nice lil list.

this is a list for SE-R parts to B12

struts
bushings
springs/coil overs
sway bars
brakes and rotors
shift linkage
clutch cables
short shifters
stearing wheels
consoles
seats
grill;s with some mod
all strut bars

i think there might be a few more things, but all of that will fit. and i am certain. because i have fit them.

I actually put my 89 struts with sprint springs on my b13 SE-R
Hmmm... No way on the rear sway bar.
I remember a post where someone used stuts from a b13 (I think) but the brake line bracket (where the brake line connects to the strut) had to be modified. Think it was Blown with some AGX's. So, the brake line brackets are the same?
Also, the seats are not a direct bolt in. IMO the coup seats are better and a direct bolt in.
Seems the strut brace fits over a GA but what about us 16I and 16S users?
And nobody mentioned 1 prized component that all us "wish my Sentra had some guts" drivers want - SR20DET :thumbup:

· Registered
294 Posts
Popkorn said:
Hmmm... No way on the rear sway bar.
I remember a post where someone used stuts from a b13 (I think) but the brake line bracket (where the brake line connects to the strut) had to be modified. Think it was Blown with some AGX's. So, the brake line brackets are the same?
Also, the seats are not a direct bolt in. IMO the coup seats are better and a direct bolt in.
Seems the strut brace fits over a GA but what about us 16I and 16S users?
And nobody mentioned 1 prized component that all us "wish my Sentra had some guts" drivers want - SR20DET :thumbup:

with most of the things they need minor modification aswell.
LIke you can put ser hubs on the car put there whole rear sus. the break line brackets are diff on the two struts but not enough to do anything.
the ser seats just need to be slightly modified on the railes just like the pulsar seats. all easy fixes.
like i said b4 anything will fit with some modefication.

· Registered
1,266 Posts
I don't understand how the short throw shifters designed and sold for a 91 + sentra will work on the pre 91's ( B12's) I've seen shifters advertised for the 91's that look the same as the one for the B12's and I've seen ones that look totally different what's the deal with this?

· off topic VIP
399 Posts
Popkorn said:
...Seems the strut brace fits over a GA but what about us 16I and 16S users?
i used an industrial bench vise to bend my front strut brace to fit. the bar got a lil scuffed, but... it cost like $30 shipped.

it works like a charm. with only a little trial and error fitting, it dropped right in.

· Registered
752 Posts
BennittoMallito said:
Disc brakes can be made to work. My CA18DE Sentra had the same rears, and fronts that were just a hare smaller than those on a B13 SE-R. You probably need knuckles too (unsure).
B13 disks on a B12 takes some critcal welding and IMO jeaporadizes the integrity of the suspension. You end up losing your rear swaybar. CA powered B12's in Europe came stock with rear disks. Search Ratdat's posts. He had pics.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.