Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1998 Nissan 200SX SE-R and I need a instrument clear cover...the clear plastic that covers the gauges. It's part number is 24813-86y00 (yoo) not sure if they are zeroes or O's. Does anyone know where I can find these for cheaper than the $50+ a Nissan dealership wants to charge me here? Any help is appreciated...thanks.

·
Registered
205 Posts
That cover is probably the exact same cover on every 200sx/sentra from 95 up, rummage around a couple of junk yards, good chance you might find a junked 200sx or sentra there and just rip it out of the dash, I think the dash pretty much remained the same between 95-98 and probably for couple years after that. Most yards will either charge you a little extra for parts removal or just let you do it yourself. I'd guess they wouldn't charge more than $5-10 for it but that's just a random guess. Oh, before driving all over looking, get the numbers of the local yards in your area and give them a call, they 99% of the time know what cars are on their lot and when you find one, take yours out (I assume you still have the one you're replacing...broken maybe or just in bad shape?) and then go compare it to make sure.

Other than that, I doubt you'll find an aftermarket replacement for that part short of a complete dash replacement with an aftermarket. I had to buy that stupid rubber bumper on the front corner of my hood from a dealer for $10 (god that's ridiculous) because NO ONE sells them, all that for a little 1 inch square (well, it's round, lol) piece of ordinary rubber!

·
Destroyer of Engines
561 Posts
I have an extra one for my car, and if what 7PocketRocket says is correct it'll fit your car. I'm not sure about the condition though I know it's not in bad shape, but I think it might have a few scatches on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts