Nissan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I need help. I had a flat tire and put the spare on and on my way to the tire place my brake light and service engine lights came on. Two days after the tire was replaced the tire light started flashing then stays steady after starting the car. And now the speedometer does not work. Seems odd this all happened the day of and after the flat. Does anyone know what is happening? Is it related to the flat tire?

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Hello! I need help. I had a flat tire and put the spare on and on my way to the tire place my brake light and service engine lights came on. Two days after the tire was replaced the tire light started flashing then stays steady after starting the car. And now the speedometer does not work. Seems odd this all happened the day of and after the flat. Does anyone know what is happening? Is it related to the flat tire?
Could be. If your ride has ABS, then a wheel sensor may have been damaged and the cluster is now getting conflicting speed signals. When the ABS and TCM (transmission) send conflicting speeds, some Nissan clusters will quit displaying any speed. You'll need to get the codes read from your ECM, TCM, ABS, TPMS, and cluster to really see what's happening.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could be. If your ride has ABS, then a wheel sensor may have been damaged and the cluster is now getting conflicting speed signals. When the ABS and TCM (transmission) send conflicting speeds, some Nissan clusters will quit displaying any speed. You'll need to get the codes read from your ECM, TCM, ABS, TPMS, and cluster to really see what's happening.
Thank you! Taking it Thursday. Hoping it’s a sensor issue due to flat tire. And not expensive to fix!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So took it to Nissan today. It needs a wheel speed sensor and two rear lower control arms. Then an alignment. Previously the ABS and traction control lights were on for a year. So I’m thinking the rear wheel speed sensor is the issue causing the tire light and brake light and check engine and speedometer not working.the rear right tire has the issue with speed sensor and that is the one that was flat. Speed sensor issue alone over $400. Rear lower control arms $900. Altogether $1600 :(

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
On late model stuff the systems all throw "garbage" communication codes when they don't hear from some other system they should be hearing from. Usually it's the ABS throwing a garbage C1130 in response to an engine problem, but in your case the ABS would have stopped sending vehicle speed and the engine would have responded with garbage. The result would be the same either way, CEL, ABS and slip lamps all lit. And as I explained, the conflicting data could certainly cause the speedo to quit. I dunno about the control arms, those wouldn't be directly related but the techs may have noticed worn bushings or joints while they were inspecting the busted sensor and reluctor wheel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts