Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your guys's opninion on painting the side view mirrors the color of the car? Right now they are black, and I know a guy who will do it for me and match the color and everything (he owns a shop) for $25 dollars each. I personally think it would make it look better, but I want some feedback, thanks.

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Isnt the color and the color code the same?

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
The paint code is the color your car was brand new--the color of the car is how it looks now after the sun-rain-highway-etc....

I think wut james is trying to tell you is that instead of just using the paint code the shop can try and blend in a color that will match how your car looks----INSTEAD of having brand new sparkling rear views and a dull body ;)

I was going to do this cuz I couldnt stand having all the black on my white car--BUT Im glad I didnt...Im going to actually get a full paint job instead..

If u dont have this $ to spend just make sure they slap alot of coats on there so if it chips the black wont show right away.

·
Registered
722 Posts
what if your paint is still in good condition. you can clay. polish and wax and get it looking like it did brand new. i havent even clayed mine yet and it still looks better. i didn't even know my cars paint job came with a small amount of metal flake from the factory until i did this

G

·
most paint shops use the fade technique. they paint whatever it is that you want painted or repainted and fade the rest of the car panels around it with the new paint to make it look like it should and not just stick out.

·
Registered
323 Posts
i have to get my driver side mirror replaced, i can get one for about 40 bucks but I've been looking for those sports mirrors made by APC, but apparently they were discontinued or just real scarce, does anyone know where I could find a pair?

josh

·
Please Shift Here
6,696 Posts
I wanna get my mirrors done, but I haven't found a good paint shop around to do it. The last place I went to (to paint my new grill) the paint came out too light, sandy and dull this is with the stock paint code. I'm never going there again. any good paint shops (common names) that could do my mirrors and handles?

BTW, I have a question about my paint job. I had some scratches on my hood, and I used some of that touch-up paint. I let it sit about a week (like they reccommend) then I tried to buff it out so it would blend even, but my weak buffer never did anything. Now I have uneven blotches of new paint on top of my sorta-dull finish. Have I ruined my paint job or can something be done about it? it's really noticable and it looks bad.

·
Registered
722 Posts
go to erebuni.com and look for accessories for sentra. they have the m3 styled mirrors, with or without led, power or manual, even in carbon fiber if thats your thing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts