Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was thinking about painting the instrument panel and/or the trim around the center console in my '96 sentra. i was wondering how to remove those pieces and if it was difficult to do all that.
thanks.

·
Registered
407 Posts
all you gotta do is pop it off. There's one screw i think on the top. after that just pry a little and it comes off.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats pretty nice. i was gunna take some stuff out and paint it but i think im just gunna get a dash kit instead. too lazy to remove everything and paint it and all that haha

·
Registered
81 Posts
well cruise switch cover comes out easy, just need a screwdriver.
speedo cluster surround - 2 philips head screws 2 clips and it pops out
center - screwdriver and it pops out (all clips)
lower panel and glove box come out with 2 screws near the very very bottom
center console - 2 screws under e-brake, 2 in back (gotta push seats up) and 2 under the dash by ur gas pedal and glove box

u can take everythin out of that car (exept dash) with a 14mm ratchet and a screwdriver

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sounds easy.
i was just messing around the other day looking at the center piece around the radio and i unscrewed the top screw and then tried to pry the rest out a little but it didnt seem to budge so i just left it in cause i didnt want to break anything.

·
Registered
81 Posts
clips in the side of the center and the ash tray has to come out, there's a piece of plastic behind it. that got me too the first time

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i figured there were clips somewhere but i wasnt sure where exactly and i didnt want to break them off by accident.

·
Registered
81 Posts
yeah compared to the newer nissans i work on this car is VERY VERY tough. i have yet to break a clip or something like that on the interior lol u do what i've done to that car on an 08 altima ur gona break half the covers heh

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
haha well im taking the easy way out with the dash kit. if those arent good enough for me then ill see about actually painting.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah thats sick what you have. but wont it end up chipping and fading and all that from the sunlight? thats one of the reasons why i thought of a dash kit. im getting the reg carbon fiber prob

·
Registered
81 Posts
i got all ot it from the auto store. vinyl/fabric from duplicolor for panels and carpets. the other was DPFM340 - Ford royal blue - automotive paint that's what gives it personality is the automotive color of your chosing. the vinyl paints are very limited in color. .the automotive paint works on non-flexing panels. if u have to flex the panel to install it (like the lower B-pillar forget it, it'll flake off u need vinyl paint for those cuz it flexes

·
Registered
81 Posts
ya let me know if u need any help with anything i've gutted the interior and had the engine out of that car so if u need help or advice look me up

1 - 20 of 21 Posts