Nissan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i've seen a lot of sentras with the engine cover painted red or silver or something cool. Well i've decided to paint mine. Is there any type of paint that i need? like heat resistant or paint designed for plastic? tell me what i need guys. Thanks :)

·
Apprentice Technician
784 Posts
dupli-color engine enamel is your best bet. if you're not going to powder coat it (which is freakin overly expensive), it takes about 8 bucks and a couple hours to do. using the basic engine enamel is best, as it does get warm, but not excessively, and it has the best range in colors.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
grr doesn't seem worth the work. Pep boys sells gaskets for that for almost 30 bucks :( i might just paint it while its on. how dumb is that? lol

·
Registered
147 Posts
i didnt replace mine, no problems, used a small bead of RTV upon re-install, probibly didnt need it but hey its a cheap beater

heres mine

·
Registered
147 Posts
nope, just a small bead of RTV sealant just to make sure.....im going to do it again in gunmetal grey and red and im going to paint my rims gunmetal grey with a red lip and inside

·
Registered
92 Posts
grr doesn't seem worth the work. Pep boys sells gaskets for that for almost 30 bucks :( i might just paint it while its on. how dumb is that? lol
^Clean the VC real good before you decide to paint it. Google up a :HOW TO: your valve cover or wheels process. It's like a 4 or 5 step process to do it the right way. I'm not familar with the info you guys have on this forum. I surf the sr20forum most of the time. I'm just over here helping out a bit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
if you`ve got your valvecover paint it`s easy to polish the letters on the valve cover so you get something like this

mounted wit a Nismo Oil filer Cap

1 - 12 of 12 Posts