Nissan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone here has ever painted their engine compartment without removing the engine? I was thinking of changing the color of my SE-R to another shade of red and thought about just masking off all the wires and hoses under the hood and spraying the walls of the engine compartment. What do you all think?

·
Registered
59 Posts
sounds like a good idea, just as long as you pay attention to getting the paint around/under/etc. all of the components like master cylinders and wiper motors and all that other good stuff that bolts on all over the chassis. I know some companies sell that sort of paint in cans (as opposed to spray cans) with brushs that might help you with that.

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
You might be able to pull it off with an airbrush or a small touch up gun. The problem with tight spaces like that, is that not only is it hard to get the surfaces properly prepped, but when you're painting, the paint sort of pills up in the corners and looks bad. Unless you're really into show, I wouldn't bother, it's way more trouble than it's worth.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts