Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my 2001 Pathfinder to have all the door dings removed (live here in NYC, sucks around here) and also most likely the doors to all be repainted. Wonder how long it would take for the paint to dry? Thanks...

·
Registered
791 Posts
Dry or cure? It should be dry when you get it back. You should normally wait at least 2 or 3 months before waxing so the paint can cure. Ask the shop. If they bake it, maybe sooner.

BTW, have you ever tried paintless dent removal? It works great where there is no break in the paint. They've done some amazing work for me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dry or cure? It should be dry when you get it back. You should normally wait at least 2 or 3 months before waxing so the paint can cure. Ask the shop. If they bake it, maybe sooner.

BTW, have you ever tried paintless dent removal? It works great where there is no break in the paint. They've done some amazing work for me.
I read about the paintless dent removal... but that really applies to dents. What I have are door dings. Door dings are too small for dent removal tools.

·
Registered
791 Posts
That's odd; I've had them remove door dings and it worked just fine. The only issue I've had is that they cannot remove dents and dings that are close to the edge of a pannel where their tools won't reach.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's odd; I've had them remove door dings and it worked just fine. The only issue I've had is that they cannot remove dents and dings that are close to the edge of a pannel where their tools won't reach.
What size door dings are we talking about?? The doors dings I have are about less than an inch in height and about half an inch in width. Plus the paint from the other vehicle who hit my door, is left partially left on the ding. So either way if I had the door ding removed, i'd still have a little paint mark. I had about 5 to 6 dings on both sides of the vehicle through the course of a few years.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Mostly that size or smaller. I had one car that had hail damage on the roof, trunk and hood. When they finished the car was perfect. The best thing is that it was done in about 3 hours, no bondo, and I still had my original paint.

I use Turtlewax Bug and Tar Remover and a little elbow grease to remove paint marks from my vehicles. I've found it to be 100% effective and it won't damage your paint unless you go crazy with it. It will even take out small scratches if you work at it a little.

If you've been hit hard enough to put major scratches in the paint, and you want them fixed as well as the dent removed, then a body shop is your only alternative.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts