Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Vanilla Ice all the way baby!
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the best type of paint stripper to strip paint off of aluminum? would any kind work? or is there a type that works faster?

·
even better the 2nd time
2,719 Posts
i like Bix spray
but thats just a personal preference

aircraft remover in an aresol is good if you just have something small
(but if you have something large you'll need multiple cans)

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
zip strip, it will eat through a thick plastic cup. you need to put it in a metal can. its really thick so it wont drip off, put it in a plastic can and use a paint brush to put it on. you can get it at home depot and its reallllllllllllllllllllllllllll strong.

·
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i got the aircraft stuff, thanks for the input, damn the stuff works fast, my plenum cover is now bare metal, for at least 24 hours

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
wow...........zip strip is quite messy, iv been out side working on my wheels and damn i have been breathing exhaust, all chemicals assiociated with cars, and paint striper all day......................iv got quite a buzz goin. but im gona try that aircraft remover tomarrow, hopefully it will work better.

·
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jsut let it sit on the thing for 30 min or so, the foam should start to turn the color of the paint, then get a scrub brush to scrub it lose then rinse it with water, if needed repeat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts