Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car had a paint job a litle less than a year ago and on both fenders in the same spot there is a chip. Should the body shop have to fix this our am I on my own. On a sidenote my car has a spot on the roof with rust, do I need to sand it off and paint or can I paint over it and not have any problems.

·
Registered
208 Posts
1900 said:
My car had a paint job a litle less than a year ago and on both fenders in the same spot there is a chip. Should the body shop have to fix this our am I on my own. On a sidenote my car has a spot on the roof with rust, do I need to sand it off and paint or can I paint over it and not have any problems.

Just my opinions here, might want to get some more knowledgable member to answer also.

Any warranties on the paint job?? I thought they usually cover the work for certain periods of time from defects. They might not cover it if it was caused by normal conditions, rocks flying at it or something, but it's worth a shot. Regardless of warranty I would cruise in there when you have a chance and see if they can touch it up for you. How big are the actual chips??

Rust. As far as I know it's always best to get rid of the rust before painting over it. If you just paint over it, it can continue to grow underneath the paint. They have stuff that you can just spray on it to turn it into a primed surface, but depending on how much it's built up, you might just want to sand and repaint it.

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
Post a pic of the rust. There are various posibilities of where it came from and how to treat it. If the chips you are talking about are rock chips, then you are on your own. If the paint is defective, you probably have some claim.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am not able to post pics, but they are small white marks on each side. The rust is about the size of two quarters and it is a dark red I am pretty sure it has been there for awhile. And thank you all for the advice

1 - 4 of 4 Posts