Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, what is everyones opinion on pacesetter's Monza
"preformance exaust" and there headers? i'd like to know, cause im in the market, and i need to know whats good. and whats gay... no offence

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
pacesetter arent that great for exhaust. i say get stromung or custom make it.

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
alot of people say HotShot is good. there is also Focuz.. i dont think pacesetter headers are great.

intake.. cold air there is HotShots , there is also Injen ( but not one piece .. it jes depend on what u want.

·
Platinum
462 Posts
You are the judge.

A lot of people said Pacesetter header sucks and Hot $hot header is the best. There is the reason.

Pacesetter header is the copy version of 1st generation H$ header. Performancewise, Hot Shot's new generation wins because of the newer equal length pipe design. But I don't think it is that big of difference though.

Now I will talk about the quality. They are both pretty low. HotShot headers come with ceramic coated, so it looks a little prettier when it's new, but that thing fades/rusts out after a while. Welding quality of Hot Shot header is not that great either.
I don't know about now, but when I bought my header a little over half a year ago, several people had faulty flex pipe with them and I was one of the unlucky one. Like I mentioned on the other thread, i was pretty disappointed. Unfortunately, H$ header is not even close to be Japanese product quality. I am saying this because they priced almost as high as those JDM headers.

People trash about Pacesetter header, but I never heard people complaining about them. I know a lot of happy Pacesetter customers. Pacesetter might give you less power, but priced right. Now, you judge.

·
Banned
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hahah

hahaha, damn, really? thats stupid, why would they paint the headers.. i heard that after like a week of having them they rust up.. on the outside? I am just looking to better my breathin capacity for right now.. and i dont want to spend 1,500 just for a name brand... i will have to wait it out.. and see.

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
well stromung made exhaust. they run about less than 1500.. they are about 500-600 i think. unless you want to make your own that is better and louder buy an aftermarket muffler and do the piping with mandrel. cost you about 300-400 or so depending on brand name and stuff

·
Registered
638 Posts
1997 GA16DE said:
ok here are my suggestions on all:
Intake: WAI: go Jim Wolf, CAI: go Place Racing
Headers: Get Hotshots for the power or Pasesetter for the price (really isn't THAT bad)
Exhaust: Greddy for the B13, Stromung for the b14 or b15

Pasesetter exhaust is crap. IMO
Good advice, i agree all the way...:)

F

·
0 Posts
owning one pacesetter product in my life was enough to make me avoid them from here on out. the header on my sunfire gives good gains but is a poor fit and quality. i don't care if smc did sell there design to pacesetter..i'm going b&m for shifter and a greddy catback. no header for me se-r.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I remember seeing an article where they compared some headers(for Honda)...Pacesetter came out last...it actually DECREASED the HP.

I wish other companies would start making headers for the GA16....

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
AMEN TO THAT !! :D :p :D :p

·
Registered
37 Posts
pacesetter sucks

do not buy their products . i have their crappy monza exhaust(whats left of it )on my car.their exhaust rusts quickly,no improvement in sound quality over stock,and i feel the loss in power in my low end torqe. a while back a couple of hangers broke off my muffler so itook the damn thing off.im running open pipe right now.till i can afford a quality exhaust. well really people are right when they say you get what you pay for . peace

·
Registered
37 Posts
pacesetter sucks

do not buy their products . i have their crappy monza exhaust(whats left of it )on my car.their exhaust rusts quickly,no improvement in sound quality over stock,and i feel the loss in power in my low end torqe. a while back a couple of hangers broke off my muffler so itook the damn thing off.im running open pipe right now.till i can afford a quality exhaust. well really people are right when they say you get what you pay for . peace

1 - 20 of 20 Posts