Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1990 240sx 2.4L KA24e

So I put the header and the extension pipe In exactly how im suppose to.
BUT my steering linkage HITS IT,when i turn. SO i can only turn the wheel about an inch, each way. What the hell.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have that header too, and yes, it's just a bad design. I had to do the same thing, basically you have to make it into a D shape to get the steering to clear. I was able to get a partial refund through the person I bought it from, but don't try to get it from Pacesetter themselves, they don't care about anyone, just money. They work decent for now, but I will never buy anything made by them ever again, and I tell everyone so that they are aware of the problem. Hurt them in their pocketbook, it's the only way.

·
Registered
58 Posts
niznos said:
I have that header too, and yes, it's just a bad design. I had to do the same thing, basically you have to make it into a D shape to get the steering to clear. I was able to get a partial refund through the person I bought it from, but don't try to get it from Pacesetter themselves, they don't care about anyone, just money. They work decent for now, but I will never buy anything made by them ever again, and I tell everyone so that they are aware of the problem. Hurt them in their pocketbook, it's the only way.
Years ago when I called a local speed shop about a header for my 89 240 they told me the only one avalible was a pacesetter header and that they would not sell it because of poor quality and bad fitment. This is from a good parts place here in tampa so that told me that pacesetter is cheap crap and I wouldnt buy from them but thats just my opinion. although I doubt anyone is going to argue with me that its normal to have to take a hammer to a brand new header to make it fit.....pacesetter= :thumbdwn:

·
LUCKY SLIDES 2 2/25/06
504 Posts
personally i'm with everyone pace setter blows monkey balls they need to go bankrupt and kill themselves

1 - 7 of 7 Posts