Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
Pacesetter has a good rep and from the pic it looks like a cat-back system. I'm not sure how much power you would gain but it probably wouldn't hurt.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does that seem like a reasonable price or a rip off, also, how much would an exhaust shop charge to install that. I have heard that pace setter makes headers for a b12, but I couldn't find any on that site.

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
Everything seems like a ripoff to me with the exchange rate, but it doesn't seem like a bad price because it is from a reputable company and you can easily spend that much on just a muffler.

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
Basically you should shop around for the best price. I know not many people sell parts for the B12 but your local speedshop may be able to help, and make any suggestions.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The only place I know around here that does custom exhaust work would be meineke, they just started advertising it, but I would expect their prices to be quite high. The Pace setter setup does seem rather cheap at only $120 but I dunno how much it would cost to install, and if a place like meineke would install something i didn't buy from them. There are not many local garages around here I would trust with my car...

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
Speedy installed a muffler I bought somewhere else, so it shouldn't be a problem. If you are seriously considering buying the exhaust you could always give Meinike a call and see if they would install your exhaust. If they do they could probably give you an estimate over the phone.

R

·
0 Posts
dschrier said:
Does that seem like a reasonable price or a rip off, also, how much would an exhaust shop charge to install that. I have heard that pace setter makes headers for a b12, but I couldn't find any on that site.
I have one on my B12 and its alright. you would need to buy a new o2 sencer since your original is a hella of alot bigger than than the hole on the headder. i have one from a miata on mine. also too
its kinda hard to get everything lined up since it will also fit on a pulsar and a truck.

R

·
0 Posts
dschrier said:
The only place I know around here that does custom exhaust work would be meineke, they just started advertising it, but I would expect their prices to be quite high. The Pace setter setup does seem rather cheap at only $120 but I dunno how much it would cost to install, and if a place like meineke would install something i didn't buy from them. There are not many local garages around here I would trust with my car...
\
My 2cents: i dont know how handy you are w/ a wrench and all but its a full cat back so all you
have to do is un bolt the old one and take it off
and bolt on the new one. should be easy, just use
car stands in the front to put the front end hi enough to get under there. (put blocks under the tires for your safty and use wd40 on all nuts and bolts.

R

·
0 Posts
dschrier said:
How much more power did you seem to get from it?
enough to beet a 91 lude off the line but after
awile it feltlike it lost power. IMO its not worth the $$$$.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't really know how stuff is put together, but don;t the parts need to be welded together? or does everything just bolt together then bolt on to the cat.

R

·
0 Posts
dschrier said:
I don't really know how stuff is put together, but don;t the parts need to be welded together? or does everything just bolt together then bolt on to the cat.
it has like only 4 pices and you dont weld any thing. thats why its called a bolt-on. oh ya and it has instructions too. its easy i put a bolt on
in my bros integra.shouldent take more than an hour or two. 3 if you really dont know what the hell your doing.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How much would a good quality high flow cat run me, and would the performance between the stock cat and a 2" flow through be much different?

·
Garage Sultan
1,173 Posts
why though? The majority of the restrcition in the Sentra exhaust is in 2 places. The tiny, tiny, tiny, stock exhaust header and the cat. If your on a budget get the header, cat, and muffler with the stock piping. It will be much better than what you have now.

-Nick

R

·
0 Posts
sentrastud said:
why though? The majority of the restrcition in the Sentra exhaust is in 2 places. The tiny, tiny, tiny, stock exhaust header and the cat. If your on a budget get the header, cat, and muffler with the stock piping. It will be much better than what you have now.

-Nick
this is trrue but i forgot to mention on my other posts was you need to extend the EGR tube
like 1.5-2.0 inchs to make it fit on the headder. its metel and if you try to bend it to hard it will crack.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts