Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been getting a check light with code P1441 for over a year now. I’ve changed the evap solenoid and cut valve in the rear. The evap canister was replaced once many years back.used original parts. I can’t seem to find the issue. I have a smell of gas around the driver side rear wheel well and there is no pressure when releasing gas cap.

I’ve also been having a slight rough idle that appears mostly when turning on the a/c. I believe this is coming from this evap leak but not sure.

I checked the freeze frame data with my scan tool and around 45 mph the issue appears.

I don’t know if this is related but the Evap Purge Control Solenoid under the hood ticks. Not sure if it’s supposed to frequently.

·
Registered
2003 Nissan frontier XE D22
20 Posts
Have you replace the gas tank cap?. Please use a Nissan oem part or find one in the local salvage yard. New is preferred.

·
Registered
20 Posts
You might want to check the vapor hose. Also that steel tank can grow a rust pin hole on the top of the gas tank. You can apply pressure air into the tank at the filler neck with a hand pump equipment with psi gauge. A bicycle wheel pump is best. The hose must be tightly fitted to the filler neck so it does not leak air at the filler neck and the hand pump connection. Only you start pump air into a low gas full tank you will find the gas vapor leak, since you are smelling gas normally.

·
Registered
20 Posts
You might want to check the vapor hose. Also that steel tank can grow a rust pin hole on the top of the gas tank. You can apply pressure air into the tank at the filler neck with a hand pump equipment with psi gauge. A bicycle wheel pump is best. The hose must be tightly fitted to the filler neck so it does not leak air at the filler neck and the hand pump connection. Only you start pump air into a low gas full tank you will find the gas vapor leak, since you are smelling gas normally.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats the hoses connecting to the cut valve?

Ill try that out, never thought of it. How would I create a tight seal with the bicycle pump though?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts