Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2005 Sentra 1.8s and I just got a p1138 check engine code which means I need to replace the swirl control valve. Does anyone know how I can check to see which swirl control valve is the one I need to replace? and how hard is it to replace it? Can I do it myself or is a mechanic recommended? I read that there are 2 swirl control valves on our sentras but which is the one I need to replace? Thanks so much!

·
Registered
790 Posts
the swirl control valve is part of the lower intake manifold. Yes, this is something you can change out yourself depending upon your skill level.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would u happen to know how much that part would cost? And would i really need to change out the whole intake piece or can i just replace the valve itself? Thanks for your reply.

the swirl control valve is part of the lower intake manifold. Yes, this is something you can change out yourself depending upon your skill level.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for ur reply, I clicked on the link u sent me but it shows the search did not return any results error msg.

The stealership was the one that told me that I had to replace the swirl control valve. Is this a part that is common to fail that early? My car has 55k miles on it and its an 05 Model. Thanks for your expertise again.

ouch. . . it's good couple of hundred dollars

CourtesyParts[14001]+\(b15u&cPath=2837_2838_2839_2850

last i checked, you'd have to replace the WHOLE lower intake manifold. That's IF it's indeed the valve. You might be able to rummage thru a junkyard for another lower manifold from any other QG18DE.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts