Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
This is Sariful. I own a Nissan xtrail 2013. Last few days I am having problem with P0420 code. Practically, In idle rpm, sometimes the car tends to be stopped and idle speed also fluctuating bit . In high speed which is 70 to 90 km/h the car jurking for a while. But this is not regularly. Sometimes I can feel it after 100 km also.
Just after jurking that code come out

If anybody have experience with same issue this please share with me.
Thnks in advance

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,901 Posts
A P0420 fault code can be caused by any of the following conditions:

● Three way catalyst (manifold) has failed.
● Exhaust pipe leaks (holes or gasket leaks).
● Intake system vacuum leaks.
● Bad fuel injector(s).
● Fuel injector leaks.
● Spark plug fouling.

From your description of driveability problems, I would initially suspect a problem with one or more fuel injectors being dirty or possibly leaking. I would first try a good fuel injection cleaner like Techron, Redline SL-1 or BG products 44K through the system; give the cleaner about a week or two to do it's job.
A good way to test leaking injectors is to tee-in a temporary fuel pressure gauge between the fuel feed hose and the fuel rail. Turn the ignition key to the run position but DO NOT TRY TO START THE ENGINE. The fuel pressure reading should initially be around 51 psi. Now watch the gauge for a rapid drop in pressure which could indicate a leaking injector(s).

If your vehicle has at least 100,000 MI and you're having the driveability problems that you've described, a good option is to replace all the fuel injectors with new OEM or reman'd OEM components.

·
Registered
2 Posts
CODE PO420, PO335 and PO725, can some one helpe me please, i have Nissan x-trail 2002 automat Bensin

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,901 Posts
CODE PO420, PO335 and PO725, can some one helpe me please, i have Nissan x-trail 2002 automat Bensin
A P0420 fault code can be caused by any of the following conditions:

● Three way catalyst (manifold) has failed.
● Exhaust pipe leaks (holes or gasket leaks).
● Intake system vacuum leaks.
● Bad fuel injector(s).
● Fuel injector leaks.
● Spark plug fouling.

A P0335 fault code can be caused by any of the following conditions:

● Harness or connectors (The sensor circuit is open or shorted). Loose connectors.
● Bad crankshaft position sensor.
● A damaged signal plate (chipped signal plate gear tooth). The signal plate is mounted on the crankshaft torque plate.

A P0725 fault code can be caused by any of the following conditions:

● Harness or connectors (The sensor circuit is open or shorted). Loose connectors.
● Bad speed sensor.
● Dirty or insufficient transmission fluid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts