Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
  1. P0340 code what to do ?
  2. Auto part store only comes up with a crankshaft sensor are they the same ?
  3. 1998 Nissan Pathfinder Se 4x4
  4. 3.3 V6 engine ( I believe )

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Had my morning coffee guys and now know where I need to start with the wiring anyways , if by chance it’s not the wiring or I fix that and still does the same thing how do I check the timing belt because I’ve been told that could also be my problem ?

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,272 Posts
If you have a short that drains a fully charged battery in a short time, well I would say you will have severe damage somwhere. It it possible you have a charging issue ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2002 Xterra with the 3.3L V6 engine. I believe our vehicles are largely the same as they are both in the same Haynes manual.

The crankshaft sensor and camshaft sensor are two different sensors. The camshaft sensor is built into the distributor on my Xterra. I got that code for the camshaft sensor and fixed it by replacing the distributor.

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,368 Posts
To add to Xterra+beaver's reply, the camshaft position sensor by itself is not a replaceable item. When replacing the distributor, always buy a re-man'd OEM distributor. Not an aftermarket new distributor; they generally don't last long, can cause drivability problems and many times are DOA.

The crankshaft position sensor is only used during diagnostic testing. It has no function in normal engine operation.

Also since you mentioned the timing belt; it should be replaced every 105,000 MI.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Keep in mind that some vehicles do not do well with aftermarket sensors. I had to use OEM crankshaft and camshaft sensors (Bank 1 and 2).

·
Registered
4 Posts
They are different sensors

I had this problem with an 03 pathfinder diff motor but same codes thrown I had to replace cam sensors. If you replace your sensors and it still happens check oil psi.
This 03 pathfinder ended up dieing due to oil pump failure, it kept throwing that cam sensor code even after putting in new ones. (Always use Nissan sensors!!!) and that's when I checked oil psi and only had around 1-2 psi coming through.

If it is your crank sensor your Nissan will randomly die when driving it. I had to replace crank sensor on both 03+04 pathfinders for this reason

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 06 pathfinder, same code. the crankshaft sensor in my vehicle is accessed on the passenger side wheel well. Buy the one that is from the dealer. I bought the generic type from auto parts store, was bad in a few weeks. The manufacturer one has been in there over 1 year. Its a super easy fix, just get the right part.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts