Nissan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nissan Altima, 2005, 3.5 lt., SE model
I have a miss in my motor (car has 80k miles) on it. I was getting a general code, P0300 (random misfire, general). So, I removed the intake and replaced the spark plugs and coils. Then I drove it. It ran great but about 10 min. later, I got he proverbial "Service Engine Soon" messge.

Got my ODB scanner, read the codes and it now saying P0302 (Misfire cylinder 2). So, I swapped coils (2 with 4) and stll got the code. Swapped spark plugs (2 and 4 again) still getting the code.

So, I said "What's Next?!" I ordered a set of fuel injectors, becase the engine smelled like it was running rich - maybe it's a fouled injector? Went to start that job and then I noticed the electrical connector on Cyl. 2 looked different than the other connectors. I posted pictures below. The 1st picture is the bad (odd) connector on cyl. 2. The good connector (cyl. 4) is the 2nd pic.

Questions:
1. Do you think the connector could cause the misfire/code?

2. Can these be ordered and replaced?

3. Anything else I should look at?

Thanks for any input, this group is great!
Pictures:
Bad Connector
Grey Automotive tire Tints and shades Auto part Automotive design

GOOD CONNECTOR
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Tread Tire

· Registered
3,822 Posts
The pin on that connector looks pushed out, probably because the plastic pawl that holds it in is broken. Nissan uses those exact same connectors on practically every car. Put "nissan coil pigtail" into the eBay or Amazon search bar and you'll find lots of them.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The pin on that connector looks pushed out, probably because the plastic pawl that holds it in is broken. Nissan uses those exact same connectors on practically every car. Put "nissan coil pigtail" into the eBay or Amazon search bar and you'll find lots of them.
Thanks! I found it one Ebay no problem. Hopefully that will address the problem.
Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts