Nissan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a while now new presence has emerged with this code. Is it the sensor the sole culprit or low quality gas also produced the code because the last trip we went to a mountain area where good gas is not available so we filled our fronty 05 with smuggled cheap gas. From there on, P0138 was thrown. And I wish to get some tips from our members who ran into this before and successfully solved the problem. To me, I think I should start with a cleaner diluted with the gas to help clean the injectors. And if the problem persists, I'll go straight to the o2 sensor by swapping btw them. Any ideas from our community will be appreciated. From Cambodia.

·
Admin and Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,823 Posts
Inspect the down stream O2 sensor harness connector for any possible oxidation and make sure it's tight.

It could certainly be dirty injectors; Run some good injection cleaner, like BG products 44K, through the system; give the cleaner about a week or two to do it's job. If the problem still persists, replace the down stream O2 sensor. Don't swap upstream and downstream O2 sensors; they are not interchangeable. When replacing sensors, always use Nissan OEM parts from a Nissan dealer; aftermarket electronic items generally are not reliable, don't last long, and many times are DOA.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts