Nissan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1995 Nissan 200SX SE (1.6) 160K miles

Yesterday my car was having some issues with the rotor and I bought a new one, replaced the distributor cap just in case and I had about 3 months ago (or less) replaced the wire set and spark plugs. But when I went to start up my car in wouldn't start, it wanted too and apparently it started when the engine had cooled off but it would not go forward.

I rented the OBDII Code Reader from autozone and these are the codes that came back.

P0136 O2 Sensor Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 2)

P0400 EGV Valve (sensor) problem. I don't know where it is located and have not worked on it before.

P0500 I replaced the speed sensor and don't have problems with my odomoter.

Could any of these problems cause my car not to move and only start when it is cooled off? I need my car to get to work and don't have the money at all to send it to a mechanic, any help (advice) is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
It was doing that at first, but now it'll start and I can move it but it does the same thing it did before I replaced the rotor. After a little while it kind of sputurs (gas pump, filter, etc.. are ok, first things I checked). The odd thing is that it that problem didn't show up on the OBDII Code Reader before. It must be my distributor.

Thanks schoust.

Ps. It did have a spark when it wouldn't start, it sounded like something was blocking it from not starting properly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.