Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...so the SES light came on about a week ago. I took it into Autozone and had them read the code to me. It came back P0011 and P0021. Banks one and two. And it says that I am experiencing INtake Valve Timing control Circuit failure. And the probable causes are
-IVT control solenoid is open or shorted
-Cam/crank sensors are out of phase
-Dirt buildup at control valve

So...Now what? I have banks one AND two...so I am assuming that is both the left and right sides. I want to get the crank sensor...and just put it in and see if that fixes it as it is the cheapest one. Then the cams sesnors...and last but not least the solenoids themselves. Ugh..

BTW..my acceleration is AWFUL (like I am short 3 or more cylinders) so...any help would be greatly appreciated.

THanks,
Jeremy

BTW 03 pathy SE 3.5

·
Registered
5 Posts
Try to remove the IVT control solenoid it just one 10mm bolt. And try to clean it with carb cleaner or gasoline and make Shure the mesh screens are clean. Also try testing the IVT control solenoid just connect 12v dc if the coil clicks and moves the valve is good if it doesn’t make a sound try to replace it

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would try a used part first because it’s way cheeped but if you can afford a new one that is better than a used on I personally try to use a junkyard part first then once I know that the valve was the fault then I buy from Nissan because there is not much difference in price with aftermarket but Nissan’s do like aftermarket parts to much that’s why I buy from Nissan. It’s a better made part

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
2006 Pathfinder LE, 2003 Frontier SVE
9,767 Posts
Yes, stick with Nissan, Hitachi, NTK or Denso sensors. Make sure your oil pressure is not low at idle with the engine warmed up; if it is, you likely have a bad oil gallery cover gasket on the rear timing cover (you won't see the leak because it the oil leaks back into the crankcase. More often than not, I see bad actuators causing this problem as opposed to sensors. The service manual should have a component test for the sensors using an ohmmeter. You can get free online access to FSM's at NICO Club's website.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
If its both could it also be the sensor on the flywheel. I went round and round with this ! also your oil ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts