Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I have to buy a front left O2 sensor since I threw a CEL 1001 over the weekend. I reset the ECU but it came back again today. My question is what brand does everyone usually get as a replacement? This site https://www.automedicsupply.com/catalog4.php?PHPSESSID=697ecc5ea23585a4317d8a7f94cf5de2# shows 3 brands listed for OEM fitment; Walker, Denso and Bosch. I just want to make sure I get the better of the three brands. Thanks for the input.

·
In Ur Threadz - Deleting!
1,906 Posts
Joffe has used the Walker brand and has had no problems, iirc. Of course Bosch is the recommended o2 sensor from Nissan.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, thanks for the info guys. What's the normal life expectancy of a typical O2 sensors? I'm at 75K right now so would it make more sense to buy the the front right sensor as well since I be down there changing the left one? I have already changed out the rear O2 ~15k ago so that one is good but the current left/right front ones are still the factory ones.

·
1,906 Posts
Funny...my rear 02 went out around 50-60k as well. I'm at 80k right now and haven't had a problem with either of the front 02 sensors. (knock on wood)

I wouldn't say go ahead and replace the other as a preventative measure. They aren't like headlights where if one goes out the other is soon to follow. I don't even think there is a 'typical' life span. *shrug*

If you have the money to spend though then go ahead and replace both...along with your KS and coolant sensor and TPS. (just kidding)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds good Jeff. I don't want to spend money when it's not needed. I just didn't want to change this O2 and a month later have to jack the car up again and swap out the other. (Time is money as well.) These little things always seem to come up after I install a new mod that is totally unrelated. (DTM replaced GenII Altezza and Mag-Lite Mod in trunk.) Maybe its my car's way of telling me to stop and to put it back to stock? (No chance.) :)

·
1,906 Posts
Well I wouldn't say it really takes a lot of time to replace an o2 sensor...less time than changing out leds for sure.
:p, haha

The other could go bad in a month or it could be 2 years, that's the general consensus.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts