Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Tried searching but couldn't find anything helpful, so hopefully this hasn't been covered in depth yet. I'm posting this for a friend so I'm not sure if this will make complete sense...

Her '04 350z has a problem with overheating. The temp guage will rise to the line just before high when the car is in stop-and-go traffic/idling but on the freeway everything is fine. When the car is idling, the fans are always on at full power. Her dad wants to try changing the thermostat and asked me to find out if a vacuum is needed, but I figured I'd post the whole story and see whether or not the experts have any other ideas.

Thanks!

·
Power FC Z32
2,147 Posts
Right, but I would not say it's easy because you need to drain and remove the rad, fan, belts, TB hoses, timing cover, and water hard pipes.

My 2 suggestion would be do a complete 60K and only use OEM parts because in the past aftermarket parts give you a headache and cost more money down the line.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am having the exact same issue. I also noticed when the car is running hot I turned on the heater to tey anc cool it down and got no heat. Going to replace the thermostat.

Does anyine you have a good procedure for bleeding the system? Can this really be done in five minutes?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts