Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started with overheating problem. Only when driving; never at idle.

We replaced: all hoses, water pump, thermostat (tested it first), radiator cap, flushed system, refilled with fresh coolant, and bled the air. Fans do seem to be working, and no evidence of head gasket problem.

It worked noticeably better after the water pump. Now it is perfectly level until we hit a long turn or gradual incline. Gauge spikes up to very hot during turn or incline, then drops back down immediately after it. Problem is: we have to go over a long, tall bridge to get to work!

Can it be the radiator if it is cool the rest of the time? The battery also developed corrosion around this time, then went dead, so we had to replace that too. So can it be the belts? Why does this only happen on gradual turns or inclines?

Anyone? Anything? I don't get it. The 2 mechanics give me the "silly crazy girlie" look when I described this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
it could be the VERY common, bad temp sending unit or bad temp gauge, it may not really be overheating. my car does the same thing with some variations, when turning right the gauge shoots up to hot, when in a straight line it stays at NOT and when turning left it goes down to cold. also sometimes when starting the car after sitting for a day or 2 the gauge claims its overheating when it obviously isn't. Hope this helps you out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts