Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my little bros 240 with the ka24de overheated because he forgot to turn the fan switch on. everytime we put water in it and run it the top radiator hose keeps popping off. i think he also blew the head gasket. there is no thermostat either. anyone heard of this? what could cause the hose to keep popping off. and we tighten it pretty damn good.

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
What fan switch? The fan is a hydrostatic clutch fan. You can't switch it on or off. WTF, no thermostat?

·
Locked and Loaded
1,227 Posts
bridrive55 said:
What fan switch? The fan is a hydrostatic clutch fan. You can't switch it on or off. WTF, no thermostat?
yeah, but the thermostat stuck open would be the same as if its not there, just be glad it wasnt stuck closed...

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
Certainly replace the thermostat, upper radiator hose, and head gasket if it's blown. The hose could be popping off because it is burned and very slippery, or more likely because the hose clamp is slipping. Replace the hose and hose clamp, and inspect the radiator nippele.
My upper hose popped off once too, I shortened the hose 1" at both ends, roughed the hose endings with sandpaper to make the hose clamp get friction, and replaced the hose clamps with beefier new ones, and it hasn't slipped yet.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah we took the stock fan off and put in an electric fan to free up some hp. im pretty sure that the head gasket is done with. does anyone have the timing diagram for it. so when i take the head off?

·
Locked and Loaded
1,227 Posts
kaotekXe said:
yeah we took the stock fan off and put in an electric fan to free up some hp. im pretty sure that the head gasket is done with. does anyone have the timing diagram for it. so when i take the head off?
http://www.nissanforums.com/showthread.php?t=87360 go there, the links i posted are dead, but further down are links to them re hosted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts