Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
I have 2 10's in a bandpass box, which has tons of bass. I dont have any sound deadening material at all and my car is just fine.

·
Registered
354 Posts
when sound deadening is done properly you can have as much as a 3+db increase in performance which really equates to doubling the amount of speakers you currently have in the car.

·
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cranium said:
when sound deadening is done properly you can have as much as a 3+db increase in performance which really equates to doubling the amount of speakers you currently have in the car.
i did not know that

·
Banned
126 Posts
I just installed dynamat in my trunk... stoped most of the rattle. cant wait to see how many dB's I get now. not like i need to improve on my 148.9 ;)

·
Registered
393 Posts
that stuff isnt light tho. i can get it @ cost, but i wont use it cuz of the weight it adds

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
You dont really need that much for 1 12". You should do that mostly if you are very serious about your sound and you are competing, or if your car rattles a lot. It is true that it can add up to 3 decibels, which is like getting another 12 or doubling the power to 1 12", so double as loud. My trunk rattles, and im about to get some "Fat Mat" to deaden it, because I cant take it. If I had some more money, I would probably do my whole car, because it could keep outside noise outside, and my sound inside. But if you just want a system, I dont think youd need to dynamat your whole car.

·
Banned
126 Posts
your damn right you dont...
I would suggest TRUNK KIT... these people go crazy and put DYNAMAT everywhere... They must have a money tree, it cost me $100 for the trunk ALONE...

·
Registered
82 Posts
dan its your hommie rob, the weight gain is minnimal, and yes it does increase your db's, now whats important to remember is that your gunna have rattles, no matter what, thats a given, unless you just have a really pussy system, BUT i know your not getting anything pussy, (i know, i'm doing the install). the thing is that getting out rattles takes time and paitients, it took me about 2-3 months to find all the rattles in mine. i did dynomat the trunk, but i weight the amount of weight that it added, and it was only 8lbs! so for me it was worth extra few lbs for better sound and to not have any damn rattles! dan, IM me and i'll explain whats up.
late
-rob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts