Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all need some help.
Car 91 SE-R (stock except for fart can)
Problem. Today while driving in high 90s weather temp guage started moving east bound (towards hot). This seemed to only happen once I turned the A/C on, not possitive about that yet, but that is when I would notice it. There is coolant in the radiator, actually visable when opening cap, overflow bottle is about an inch over max level, coolant stays at same level when car is running. Both radiator hoses seemed to be hot (then again with the sun beating and engine bay being hot everything under the hood was hot).

1) Any suggestions on where to start looking for the cause of the overheating?
2) Any possible damage from the needle going half way between the temp symbol and the end of the curved line that stops just short of the H?

Riding for 25 minutes in a car with the heater on full blast in 90+ degree heat is not fun, especially when you have sunburn that is still heat sensitive.
TIA

·
Registered
38 Posts
I was told that the fans come on once you turn the A/C on eitherway, never tried it (no A/C and switch on fan) but its easier to check that way.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Nope the fan does not oly come on when air con is on. Hook up the fan directly to the battery just to see if it is working. If it does then do this. Let the car idle for about 15 minutes and see if the fan comes on. If it doesn't and you know the famn is working you can either hook up a switch and turn it on yourself. I would just leave it running when you driving. Good Luck

·
100NX2000
346 Posts
Overheating on the highway while moving is a common problem on B13 and P10 cars. We just had this discussion at E-Town Sunday. There are tons of threads on the SE-R mailing list archives and there is yet to be a solution. It is even worst on the NX2000. This problem only seems to occur at temps over like 92-93. Anything below that is it OK. I have done a flush, thermostat, waterwetter, cleaned the condensor and changes to a 1 bar radiator cap. Nothing seems to help. It is a cooling problem I suspect. Turning on the heat helps. But it is annoying. At highway speeds the fans shut off so the header heat is not helping the situation if it is being circulated around with 100 degree ground tempetatures to the radiator.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts