Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In doing my passenger side strut on my 1995 GLE , I let the inner CV droop too much and it has extended out of the transaxle. It is still in the boot and the boot is intact, just accordianed out. I figured I could just line up the axle splines and push it back in but it is not going back in. Am I missing something obvious?

One more question, can the lower ball joints on the control arms be pressed out and replaced or do you need to replace the whole arm? Thanks.

Ben

·
I've had more cars than U
686 Posts
In doing my passenger side strut on my 1995 GLE , I let the inner CV droop too much and it has extended out of the transaxle. It is still in the boot and the boot is intact, just accordianed out. I figured I could just line up the axle splines and push it back in but it is not going back in. Am I missing something obvious?

One more question, can the lower ball joints on the control arms be pressed out and replaced or do you need to replace the whole arm? Thanks.

Ben
they can be pressed out and the replacements are typically held in with a snap ring.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts