Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, once again im posting a newbie tread because ive been hunting for hours and i cant find this subject. Once upon some guys muttering, i heard that 240sx's could be modified to use a skyline rear end to create 4ws. is this true, or is there a different rear end that would be better? like using posi trak or a lim slip diff?

The Newb With 1001 Odd Questions
Jessep

·
Locked and Loaded
1,227 Posts
what do you mean by 4ws? you mean 4 wheel steer? because some 240s came with Hicas, which is a 4 wheel steer, then you started talking about a LSD or VLSD, there are many types of these made for the 240s..it all depends on if you feel like searching for it

·
Registered
319 Posts
Unless your talking about 4 wheel drive? or All wheel drive? The GT-R and GTS-4 had this. I'm sure it would work but hey, things cost money. Besides, why would you want AWD in a rear end happy machine?!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no i was implying 4 wheel steering. It was just a rumor i heard from some of my friends. And it was very long line history of rumor so i thought id get the facts on it.

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
The_guy_in_grey said:
no i was implying 4 wheel steering. It was just a rumor i heard from some of my friends. And it was very long line history of rumor so i thought id get the facts on it.
Many 240SX's came from the factory with the SUPER-HICAS 4-wheel steering system. I don't like HICAS, but it rocks for autocross racing. There's a pump in the engine bay, and lines that go to a steering gear behind the differential. Doing the swap would involve substantial modification on both ends, but is very possible. I would recommend using a donor car, as this would make a HICAS swap easy.

·
Registered
87 Posts
The_guy_in_grey said:
The HICAS system that came on many 240sx is very similar to the system on the skylines. Unfortunatly, 12 years of driving usually makes these systems unreliable and difficult to maintain. I would recommend not trying to install HICAS on your 240....hell, most people try to remove HICAS from their 240's, lol

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well sounds like i got my answer. thanx guys, i plan on gong with a limited slip dif anyways... i guess that would be LSD? slowly but sureley learning the terminolgy. :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts