Nissan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might be moving down there. some friends are looking into getting a place in orange county. more specifically... winter park. I have no idea why winter park, but I'm dying to move to florida as well. I possibly might be down there around the 9th of January. My friend is gonna be checking out a school, and we'll probably be looking at houses / condo's / etc... while we're there as well as me possibly going on a few interviews.

Sooooooo... If anyone could please tell me about the area, I'd greatly appreciate it. What are the good area's. What are the area's to avoid. Even recommend places to look for houses and stuff.

I prefer a house simply because I NEED a garage. If I'm gonna be down there, I'll be bringing my celica, and I have to finish the swap. And of course there's countless other projects I'd like to do.

so please. PM me. Email me. Get at me on AIM. anything... just help a brotha out. werd.

thanks.

-Geoff
aim - djeph
email - djeph.at.relativeproductions.net

· Registered
145 Posts
dj.eph said:
I might be moving down there. some friends are looking into getting a place in orange county. more specifically... winter park. I have no idea why winter park, but I'm dying to move to florida as well. I possibly might be down there around the 9th of January. My friend is gonna be checking out a school, and we'll probably be looking at houses / condo's / etc... while we're there as well as me possibly going on a few interviews.

Sooooooo... If anyone could please tell me about the area, I'd greatly appreciate it. What are the good area's. What are the area's to avoid. Even recommend places to look for houses and stuff.

I prefer a house simply because I NEED a garage. If I'm gonna be down there, I'll be bringing my celica, and I have to finish the swap. And of course there's countless other projects I'd like to do.

so please. PM me. Email me. Get at me on AIM. anything... just help a brotha out. werd.

thanks.

-Geoff
aim - djeph
email - djeph.at.relativeproductions.net
aait then here goes. I live in orange county. But I dont have my car yet. I used to have a V6 taurus for $300 when I lived in Oakland CA. But thats not the point though. Im not too familiar with the area but I heard that Ocoee has nice houses and windemere has rich people houses too. houses are very cheap My dad got a two story 4 bed 2 1/2 bath with a 3 car garage for $230,000 but it not finished being built. compared to our old 1200 SQft 3 bed 1 bath house that sold for $340,000 that was in an okay neighborhood not bad but not good. In central Florida There are also alot of newyorkers and puertoricans. We have 93 oct gas for about $2.03 which is exelent and the minimum wage just went up to $6.15. The city is very crowded. People are moving here like there is no tommorow so the roads are packed and oh yeah its the most dangerous place in the us to to drive because of numerous accidents. And has the highest rate in the US of people getting hit by cars. Teen insurance is also higher.There are many great colleges and car schools like UTI which I might be going to(one of the best car schools). There are no center dividers on some of the crowded two lane highways which leads to head on accidents but there are also going to be major improvements Like widening the roads/highways,center dividers, etc.There are also four lane highways with dividers like I4, but it is always crowded. The nightlife is okay but it might get better because Paris Hilton opened her own club (Club Paris) downtown just two days ago. Mabey other celebs might see that paris hilton opened her own club in Orlando and they might do the same :). the weather is pretty nice but very humid in the summer. Of course we had three hurricanes in orlando, but every nice place has a price to pay some day. There arent enourmous potholes like cali has either. there is also no emmisions testing which allows you to do any hybrid swap that you want....... just make sure you have a car because you wont get to far without one. There arent many buses. there are hot stores to be like bloomingdales, tommy hilfiger, DKNY jeans, south pole, etc. there are alot of rich people too so youll be seeing alot of ferraris and lamborghinis. There was a lamborghini murcelago driving right in front of us! (when I first got here, I Hated it! I dont plan on living here forever but I havent decided where i want to live yet. All in All it really is a nice place, but it depends on what you will think about it when you get here. :cheers:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.