Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys what looks better on a white car? Gunmetal wheels or white wheels?
Ive got a white 98 sentra gxe.
Thanks.

·
Drop-Out
1,892 Posts
I got a white car with gunmetal and love em..what kind of look you going for? if u wanna keep it real clean look I would go white on white(good luck on keepin clean)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah I kinda want the real "clean" look. Ive seen gunmetal wheels and they look like the donut tire wheels from a distance lol (Ive never seen them in real life only in pictures so maybe they look better). But many of the ppl I talk to say that gunmetal looks a lot better on white than white wheels would. Its like half and half. Half say white and half say gunmetal. So I figured Id ask you guys here for your opinions. :)

I dont think that I have the money for bronze wheels :(

So Im trying to make a decision. Im buying some whithin the next week or so but I just cant decide.

·
new motor & tranny
1,756 Posts
i never had gunmetal rims on my car but i had Hypergray 15s. Yes they looked kinda like donuts but IMO they looked very nice and clean. Gunmetal is close to hypergray therefore i think they should look nice.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
super glossy black spoked wheels with a silver lip on a white car

·
THINK BLUE
1,014 Posts
I'd say go with the gunmetal....white on white is sweet too, but I think the novelty of that combo would wear off quickly....

·
Registered
851 Posts
Blackk Magikk said:
yeah I kinda want the real "clean" look. Ive seen gunmetal wheels and they look like the donut tire wheels from a distance lol (Ive never seen them in real life only in pictures so maybe they look better). But many of the ppl I talk to say that gunmetal looks a lot better on white than white wheels would. Its like half and half. Half say white and half say gunmetal. So I figured Id ask you guys here for your opinions. :)

I dont think that I have the money for bronze wheels :(

So Im trying to make a decision. Im buying some whithin the next week or so but I just cant decide.
if someone says that your wheels look like steelies (if you got the gunmetal) then they dont know enough about cars/customizing cars for thier opinion to matter to you.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
idk i have a new civic SI white running around these parts with hyper black wheels and a super polished lip and it looks damn good

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I appreciate the help guys, I'm still a bit undecided, I saw some gunmetal wheels on this car the other day and they look a lot better than I thought.

I ran across this website though, they have some really good deals. Almost seem a bit too good, I was wondering is this just a good website or is this another one of those too good to be true things.
Take a look, let me know what you think. Almost all the 17's are $599 with tires and free shipping.

http://www.wheelmax.com/Specials/specials.html

thanks again

·
Registered
84 Posts
Blackk Magikk said:
^is that site a good idea or should I look elsewhere?

I say its a steal... $599 for a whole set shipped. Awesome deal.. Especially the first couple rims.. They have very nice lips, but I believe all these are 1 piece. But they still look good for its money.

·
new motor & tranny
1,756 Posts
thos websites usually have good deals because they dont give you "very good tires" therfveore you pay cheaper. Another r4eason is that they might have discontinued /older models and they sell them for cheaper.

·
Registered
84 Posts
B14_Stealth said:
thos websites usually have good deals because they dont give you "very good tires" therfveore you pay cheaper. Another r4eason is that they might have discontinued /older models and they sell them for cheaper.

true that!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts