Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i own a 1995 nissan sentra gxe and i need some opinions on what i should do to it. first of all, i need to replace the front right passenger seat window switch and the rear left window switch. both have broken off and come loose and i cant seem to find any replacements anywhere. next, i just want someone to give me an opinion on what i should do to the inside to get it lookin halfway decent. the entire car is stock except for the head unit and the rear speakers. somebody help me out here.

·
I command you to SEARCH
2,748 Posts
For the switches, try your local junkyards.
If no B14 is to be found, then go to the dealerships.
There is a Nissan/Infiniti wrecking yard here in the Seattle area, so it's pretty easy for me to find those little things.

Personaly, I would not start with the interior, but that's what you were asking, so my question for you is...

What kind of budget do you have?

That will determine if you will be getting Recaro seats and wrapping your interior in suade, or if you will be adding under dash lights and wrapping your trim parts in fake carbon fiber vinyl.

·
even better the 2nd time
2,719 Posts
1CLNB14 said:
That will determine if you will be getting Recaro seats and wrapping your interior in suade, or if you will be adding under dash lights and wrapping yout trim parts in fake carbon fiber vinyl.
maybe a little hint to a member??

hehe

either way, you can trust 1CLNB14...he is pretty much one of the authorities on anything cosmetic IMO

·
I command you to SEARCH
2,748 Posts
Radioaktiv said:
maybe a little hint to a member??

hehe

either way, you can trust 1CLNB14...he is pretty much one of the authorities on anything cosmetic IMO
Just telling it like it is.
I've been there, done that :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1CLNB14 said:
For the switches, try your local junkyards.
If no B14 is to be found, then go to the dealerships.
There is a Nissan/Infiniti wrecking yard here in the Seattle area, so it's pretty easy for me to find those little things.

Personaly, I would not start with the interior, but that's what you were asking, so my question for you is...

What kind of budget do you have?

That will determine if you will be getting Recaro seats and wrapping your interior in suade, or if you will be adding under dash lights and wrapping your trim parts in fake carbon fiber vinyl.
well budget i would say right now... about 600 bucks. im thinkin some underdash lights, stuff like that, what i want to do is buy one of the smaller versions of playstation 2's and then buying an lcd screen. you know that sort of thing, tell me what you think

·
I command you to SEARCH
2,748 Posts
To me, that is more along the lines of I.C.E. (in car entertainment)
How much are those new PS2's? $100 - $150?
You will also need a power inverter. Those run about $50.00 - $100.00
You can find cheap screens (you do get what you pay for) for around $200.00 - $250.00
Under dash lights have never really been my bag, so I don't know about cost with that stuff.

Check out the B14's on CarDomain.com. There are quite a few that are modified in the manner you are talking about.

·
new motor & tranny
1,756 Posts
i was thinking about putting a ps2 in my car too. I already got myself a power inverter (~$49) but I still didn't buy the PS2. If i ever do..I'll will be buying a modded PS2 with a Hard drive (~$300). That way i will be able to download mp3s/divx onto the hard drive and play it through the PS2. Another thing that i would get if i had ps2 in my car would be the wireless controllers. Those go for about $30-$50 i belive. The screen i would probobly get from mp3playerstore.com. THey have a flip out one for like $229. I used to have an expensive tv in my car (IconTV) and i think it was just not worth for me to spend like $500 for a tv just to have something for show ($230 is more reasonable)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts