Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i installed 2 12" sony xplod subwoofers, and for some reason if i turn off my low pass filter on my sony xplod amp, one subwoofer overpowers the other, and if I switch the subwoofers on different channels then other subwoofers overpowers the first. on my headunit my balance is all centered, the amp is not touching any metal, so what can be causing this? my connections look all fine and connected and i have no idea whats happening to cause this, any help? It also goes back to normal when i take out my negative rca cable but keep the positive still in, im so confused, please help.

·
^ ownz you all ^
2,524 Posts
what amp?

And your 2 rcas aren't + and -, they're R and L. The + for each one is the center prong in the plug, and the - for each one is the outer "ring". So you're saying that your subs work fine when you unplug the L rca?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok the amp is a sony xplod xm-sd22x, i checked it again, and what happens is my left channel just stops playing when my low pass filter is turned off, and my right channel gets better and pounds harder. The rca cables have nothing to do with it, i was just confused earlier since the harder pounding sub was pushing the non playing sub. Of course when i turn my low pass filter back on, they both play at the same time, and the same volume. This isnt a problem except the fact that when i DO turn the low pass filter off, the playing bass on the right channel sounds much better and hits harder, than if the low pass filter were on, and only the right channel connected so I was wondering how I could make it so that with my low pass filter off, both of the subs played rather than just one. Thank you, and sorry if my statement sounds confusing.

·
^ ownz you all ^
2,524 Posts
Well if you're lucky the problem is just a dirty switch, take some wd-40 and spray it in the switch that controls the HP/LP and then switch it back and forth vigorously for a little bit to clean it up. Then turn the amp back on and see if it's fixed, if not then the amp is probably broken, it would be best to try to get warranty work done or possibly return it and get something non-sony.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts