Nissan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the New 05 se-r vspec sentra realli worth it. Are they fast for there price ( 03 gti 1.8t or the vr6 ) Im not trying to be dum and ask a question like this but im intrested in the sentra and mite by one? reply or email me!!

· Not Anymore.
9,075 Posts
the Spec-V ;)

And yes, the new 05s are very reliable and are dynoing in the 155-160 WHP range which is significantly higher than the older Specs. They are not as fast as the GTI 1.8T but are much, much less expensive and you are comparing a turbocharged car to a N/A one. If you are a bolt on junky, you can approach 200 WHP on a dyno jet (bit less on a mustang) (I/H/DP/E/custom Cams/SAFC/P/BSR/Hondata heatshield intake gasket/TB and some excellent dyno tuning). Heavily modded guys will take stock and slightly modified 1.8Ts and do run in the low 14s and sometimes the high 13s at the 1320. The car is much meaner from a roll than from a dig.

The cars can run a 50-75 shot of N2O without many problems, the 05s have corrected all previous problems and the PTI turbo kit has been tested long term at 6-8 PSI with excellent reliability and dynos at about 250WHP (these guys are starting to run in the high 12s).

Overall it is a great car, the only real downside is you should use premium gas in them.

· RAWRscareh
742 Posts
GTi VR6. much more mod-friendly... a hell of a lot faster (i've driven stock and modded ones) and overall, i think its a nicer looking car (i'm a big fan of 2door hatchbacks). hell, if i thought i could pull off the financing, i'd buy one.

i wouldnt get a 1.8T. i know too many people having problems with them.