Nissan Forum banner

One of the fastest 1.6

8K views 58 replies 21 participants last post by  jonndepalma 
#1 ·
My homeboy has a jap 1.6 with a dirty WAI,Headders,exhaust,stock piping,a dug out CAT and an 17inch
focals and he ran a 16.8 at Moroso. Anyone got anything better?

Plus he tops out a 120 mph,and what?

Holla

#52 ·
watch out Chef, You'll be making friends all over the place.

How could you stand to wait to drive that R33. I'd move!

Good luck with all of your future plans, I'm loking forward to hearing about your built GA .

You should post a pic or two of your R33 on this string so we can salivate even more.

I'm down to go to Jamaica and burn up the track and whatever else ya got. Holla. J/K LOL.

#53 ·
Damn Chef...you wanna adopt me? :D j/k I'd be staying in kingston...kinda far from Ochi...unless you wanna bring the skyline to me. :D

Well, I have similar aspirations to you Chef...when I was little I used to go watch rally racing with my father...a friend of ours used to race a Toyota Starlet...my aim is to build a rally car in Ja. so I can have some fun when I go visit. :D

BTW, my uncle told me that they use NOS like crazy down there. ;)

#54 ·
wes said:

UMMMM, no. Those were numbers before the cams and head work. 15.8 is a very respectable time for a GA16 car. It is even quicker than that now.

As for me, there are much better things in a car than 0-60. Linear powerband that is usable when road racing and autocrossing. That is my goal, not sub 5 second 0-60 times.
I'm just putting it into perspective that's all... isn't 0-60 part of that linear powerband???

#57 ·
chef said:
In Jamaica, I have a bank account that started when I was 6yrs old with 10,000 US dollars which is 488,800 Jamaican dollars. Now with interest over the years and me not touching the account until recently, it has grown quite a bit so I used some of the money to pay for the R33 as well as selling my Lancer Evo III. As far as the dyno I got approved for a nice size loan so I will probably take it.

Actually what I might do is go to NOPI Nationals this weekend and do some dyno runs up there. We shall see.

Very smart, that's what I call saving your money. Act like you broke all the time and when you really do need it, it's there!!! I know you got the R33 for dirt cheap. Prolly bought it from someone who was sellin it. Like these others, you're not sponsored, which makes a big difference. No high class dyno shops, or pretty turbos, just hard labor, friends, and regular shops. I respect you dogg. Keep doing yo thang.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.