Nissan Forum banner

One of the fastest 1.6

8K views 58 replies 21 participants last post by  jonndepalma 
#1 ·
My homeboy has a jap 1.6 with a dirty WAI,Headders,exhaust,stock piping,a dug out CAT and an 17inch
focals and he ran a 16.8 at Moroso. Anyone got anything better?

Plus he tops out a 120 mph,and what?

Holla

#11 ·
I was holding back from letting everyone know because I wanted to replicate if not do better with a drag 1.6L I have started working on. Well, here are my times, the only thing about this is that I melted my spare motor but I ran 12.7 @ 113mph, 60' => 2.027.

#12 ·
Ah......chef & Michael.....YOU SUCK!!! Just kidding. Now I'm REALLY not going to go to any strip and get a ¼mile time until I get a turbo in the little 1.6 of mine.

I can see it now....."and bringing up the rear with the slowest 1.6 time......Tim, with a time of 18.9......"

:D

#13 ·
Timbo said:

I can see it now....."and bringing up the rear with the slowest 1.6 time......Tim, with a time of 18.9......"

:D
i'm probably slower then that. my auto classic does 0-60 in 12seconds:( (head timed)
my friends mom's stock auto PT cruiser kicks my car's ass. and those are reguarded as slow!

someday i will have my revenge with my car all neoed up.

#14 ·
My GA16DE went 14.71 @94mph with just a 50 shot of nitrous, K&N filter and straight through muffler. This was on 18 inch wheels. It now runs 15.60's on all motor with JWT cams, JWT ECU, Jwt clutch, UR pulley, UR aluminum flywheel, Extude Honed intake, RC engineering ported throttle body, Hotshot CAI and Hotshot Header with 2 inch mandrel exhaust system.

#19 ·
Negative. It's a custom built project he did on his own. If you dig in his profile this is his website:

http://www.gate.net/~amicomp/

Seems to me like quite an impressive setup, although last time I asked about the details either he didn't read my post or everyone just forgot about the thread. I don't know if it's on all-stock internals or if he built the engine first, as it doesn't really say on his website. That website looks rather old and I'm sure he's done other things to it, like putting it on the bottle for one.

If you're there, speak up. :)

#21 ·
Sorry Underdog for not catching that post before. Yes, the engine still has stock internals when I did that run. I will begin putting my aftermarket rods, pistons, et al into my drag 1.6L. As far as my website, yes it is very old. I am starting to work with someone to help improve it alot, probably turn it into a nice flash site.

Hey Russellc, I will agree there were alot of headaches that occured on this project especially since I had no one I could refer to. I was just about on my own. To me it was worth the headaches especially when she makes everyone say "damn, this is a 1.6!" :D

#23 ·
chef said:
Sorry Underdog for not catching that post before. Yes, the engine still has stock internals when I did that run. I will begin putting my aftermarket rods, pistons, et al into my drag 1.6L. As far as my website, yes it is very old. I am starting to work with someone to help improve it alot, probably turn it into a nice flash site.

Hey Russellc, I will agree there were alot of headaches that occured on this project especially since I had no one I could refer to. I was just about on my own. To me it was worth the headaches especially when she makes everyone say "damn, this is a 1.6!" :D

Well, it is encourageing to see someone did it "with no one to refer to" perhaps there is hope I could pull it off. What sort of intake manifold, exhaust manifold, intercooler etc did you use?

Thanks in advance, Russellc

#24 · (Edited)
What clutch setup are you using for your 210hp and 186 tq?

Michael
I am using JWT stage 2 pressure plate and disk. Still on stock flywheel. I will upgrade that later.

Intake manifold is still stock at this point and time, exhaust manifold I created with help from a friend that can weld, and the intercooler is from a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution V (nice and big).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.