Nissan Forum banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts
damn, it seems like everyone on this forum likes to run the 1/4 mile. has anybody ran the 1/8th?? if so i would like to know the time that you guys run in the 1/8th.

drive fast fly low.......

Hey Mike, I only did two runs because that's all I could afford at the time. I want to do some more runs again but I just have to find the time/money.

I do know about the registering/approving and stuff that has to be done to the R33, so I was going to ship it up here, then over to CA for Motorex to set it up which I was told that takes 4-6 months. Again money/time is the issue.

Hey Andre, yes I am Jamaican. Born and raised for part of my life there, in a little town outside Ocho Rios aka Ochi. Still not sure when I am going to go down.

GA16DET 210hp @186tq 11psi

Then this really can't be seen as accurate... That dyno chart looks like the operator was tokin da junga mon....lol

Sorry, In no way do I want to take anything away from what you've acheived, but you really can't advertise those numbers with any accuracy.....heck you might be pulling more, who knows.. get that thing on a dyno and get 3 consistant runs..

okay so you could only afford 2 runs..but you can now afford to maybe buy a dyno jet and you've bought a R33....man,, what were your winning lottery ticket numbers?...lol

James said:

Judging by those times, doesn't it bother you that you ran 0-60 in around 9 seconds still after all the work you've put into it?
UMMMM, no. Those were numbers before the cams and head work. 15.8 is a very respectable time for a GA16 car. It is even quicker than that now.

As for me, there are much better things in a car than 0-60. Linear powerband that is usable when road racing and autocrossing. That is my goal, not sub 5 second 0-60 times.

In Jamaica, I have a bank account that started when I was 6yrs old with 10,000 US dollars which is 488,800 Jamaican dollars. Now with interest over the years and me not touching the account until recently, it has grown quite a bit so I used some of the money to pay for the R33 as well as selling my Lancer Evo III. As far as the dyno I got approved for a nice size loan so I will probably take it.

Actually what I might do is go to NOPI Nationals this weekend and do some dyno runs up there. We shall see.

Man, chef, what next? An R33, Evo III, first turbo GA16, another 'monster' ga16 in the works...

watch out Chef, You'll be making friends all over the place.

How could you stand to wait to drive that R33. I'd move!

Good luck with all of your future plans, I'm loking forward to hearing about your built GA .

You should post a pic or two of your R33 on this string so we can salivate even more.

I'm down to go to Jamaica and burn up the track and whatever else ya got. Holla. J/K LOL.

Damn Chef...you wanna adopt me? :D j/k I'd be staying in kingston...kinda far from Ochi...unless you wanna bring the skyline to me. :D

Well, I have similar aspirations to you Chef...when I was little I used to go watch rally racing with my father...a friend of ours used to race a Toyota Starlet...my aim is to build a rally car in Ja. so I can have some fun when I go visit. :D

BTW, my uncle told me that they use NOS like crazy down there. ;)

wes said:

UMMMM, no. Those were numbers before the cams and head work. 15.8 is a very respectable time for a GA16 car. It is even quicker than that now.

As for me, there are much better things in a car than 0-60. Linear powerband that is usable when road racing and autocrossing. That is my goal, not sub 5 second 0-60 times.
I'm just putting it into perspective that's all... isn't 0-60 part of that linear powerband???

chef said:
In Jamaica, I have a bank account that started when I was 6yrs old with 10,000 US dollars which is 488,800 Jamaican dollars. Now with interest over the years and me not touching the account until recently, it has grown quite a bit so I used some of the money to pay for the R33 as well as selling my Lancer Evo III. As far as the dyno I got approved for a nice size loan so I will probably take it.

Actually what I might do is go to NOPI Nationals this weekend and do some dyno runs up there. We shall see.

Very smart, that's what I call saving your money. Act like you broke all the time and when you really do need it, it's there!!! I know you got the R33 for dirt cheap. Prolly bought it from someone who was sellin it. Like these others, you're not sponsored, which makes a big difference. No high class dyno shops, or pretty turbos, just hard labor, friends, and regular shops. I respect you dogg. Keep doing yo thang.

So with all the typing with times we can't verify and perhaps find a bit advanced, well does anyone know what the stock 93' ga16de does in the 1/4 roughly

41 - 59 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.