Nissan Forum banner
21 - 40 of 59 Posts
Sorry Underdog for not catching that post before. Yes, the engine still has stock internals when I did that run. I will begin putting my aftermarket rods, pistons, et al into my drag 1.6L. As far as my website, yes it is very old. I am starting to work with someone to help improve it alot, probably turn it into a nice flash site.

Hey Russellc, I will agree there were alot of headaches that occured on this project especially since I had no one I could refer to. I was just about on my own. To me it was worth the headaches especially when she makes everyone say "damn, this is a 1.6!" :D

chef said:
Sorry Underdog for not catching that post before. Yes, the engine still has stock internals when I did that run. I will begin putting my aftermarket rods, pistons, et al into my drag 1.6L. As far as my website, yes it is very old. I am starting to work with someone to help improve it alot, probably turn it into a nice flash site.

Hey Russellc, I will agree there were alot of headaches that occured on this project especially since I had no one I could refer to. I was just about on my own. To me it was worth the headaches especially when she makes everyone say "damn, this is a 1.6!" :D

Well, it is encourageing to see someone did it "with no one to refer to" perhaps there is hope I could pull it off. What sort of intake manifold, exhaust manifold, intercooler etc did you use?

Thanks in advance, Russellc

What clutch setup are you using for your 210hp and 186 tq?

Michael
I am using JWT stage 2 pressure plate and disk. Still on stock flywheel. I will upgrade that later.

Intake manifold is still stock at this point and time, exhaust manifold I created with help from a friend that can weld, and the intercooler is from a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution V (nice and big).

I have been driving on this clutch for a little over 2 years now and I will be getting a new one probably in November because it feels like its starting to slip. To me that is not bad for a everyday driving car and dragstrip car.

hey i ran a 15.8 with my minimal mods...

chef said:
I have been driving on this clutch for a little over 2 years now and I will be getting a new one probably in November because it feels like its starting to slip. To me that is not bad for a everyday driving car and dragstrip car.
post your dyno on this thread, I'm sure several people would like to see it...

The first run at 8psi and the second run at 11psi. I have know idea what happened on the first run. To me they just didn't seem like they knew alot of what they were doing. It appeared like they recently got the dynojet. Still playing with kind of. I don't know.

motivational1 said:
What was the difference between run1 and run2? The horsepower and torque cross at the wrong points. I've never seen a dyno sheet like this. Have you tried another dyno shop?
even more funny is that not only are the lines crossing at the wrong place, they aren't even consistant with each other... strange....

I haven't had a chance to put it on another dyno yet. I do intend on it so that I can do some tuning. Actually I was considering buying my own dyno machine so that I can tune my car, my drag car, and whoever else but I'll see how my finances go.

Not really considering anymore, I own one, white R33, but it is currently overseas in Jamaica sitting in a garage. I have yet to see it but I intend on going down there hopefully later this year and checking it out as well as seeing about shipping it up here.

motivational1 said:
What was the difference between run1 and run2? The horsepower and torque cross at the wrong points. I've never seen a dyno sheet like this. Have you tried another dyno shop?
okay I have to agree with Mike... I don't understand how your torque and hp numbers can cross at 5500 rpms and on another run at 4800... kinda defys logic.....

I think you need to take it to a reputable dyno facility.. how can you be sure what you have with only 2 runs and such varying numbers... maybe they are both wacky?....

You need at least 3 runs for an average, at both psi settings...

chef said:
I own one, white R33, but it is currently overseas in Jamaica sitting in a garage.
Are you Jamaican? I was planning on going down next summer to visit my grandparents, but hey, if you're gonna be driving a Skyline, I'll come down with you when you're going. Where you staying? :D

chef said:
Not really considering anymore, I own one, white R33, but it is currently overseas in Jamaica sitting in a garage. I have yet to see it but I intend on going down there hopefully later this year and checking it out as well as seeing about shipping it up here.
You bought a R33 without even seeing it?.... pretty trusting... You do know you can't simply ship it here... It has to be converted/registred/approved..etc.. for use in the US. That's not cheap...

21 - 40 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.