Nissan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
100 Posts
I was holding back from letting everyone know because I wanted to replicate if not do better with a drag 1.6L I have started working on. Well, here are my times, the only thing about this is that I melted my spare motor but I ran 12.7 @ 113mph, 60' => 2.027.

· Registered
100 Posts
Sorry Underdog for not catching that post before. Yes, the engine still has stock internals when I did that run. I will begin putting my aftermarket rods, pistons, et al into my drag 1.6L. As far as my website, yes it is very old. I am starting to work with someone to help improve it alot, probably turn it into a nice flash site.

Hey Russellc, I will agree there were alot of headaches that occured on this project especially since I had no one I could refer to. I was just about on my own. To me it was worth the headaches especially when she makes everyone say "damn, this is a 1.6!" :D

· Registered
100 Posts
What clutch setup are you using for your 210hp and 186 tq?

Michael
I am using JWT stage 2 pressure plate and disk. Still on stock flywheel. I will upgrade that later.

Intake manifold is still stock at this point and time, exhaust manifold I created with help from a friend that can weld, and the intercooler is from a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution V (nice and big).

· Registered
100 Posts
I have been driving on this clutch for a little over 2 years now and I will be getting a new one probably in November because it feels like its starting to slip. To me that is not bad for a everyday driving car and dragstrip car.

· Registered
100 Posts
The first run at 8psi and the second run at 11psi. I have know idea what happened on the first run. To me they just didn't seem like they knew alot of what they were doing. It appeared like they recently got the dynojet. Still playing with kind of. I don't know.

· Registered
100 Posts
I haven't had a chance to put it on another dyno yet. I do intend on it so that I can do some tuning. Actually I was considering buying my own dyno machine so that I can tune my car, my drag car, and whoever else but I'll see how my finances go.

· Registered
100 Posts
Not really considering anymore, I own one, white R33, but it is currently overseas in Jamaica sitting in a garage. I have yet to see it but I intend on going down there hopefully later this year and checking it out as well as seeing about shipping it up here.

· Registered
100 Posts
Hey Mike, I only did two runs because that's all I could afford at the time. I want to do some more runs again but I just have to find the time/money.

I do know about the registering/approving and stuff that has to be done to the R33, so I was going to ship it up here, then over to CA for Motorex to set it up which I was told that takes 4-6 months. Again money/time is the issue.

Hey Andre, yes I am Jamaican. Born and raised for part of my life there, in a little town outside Ocho Rios aka Ochi. Still not sure when I am going to go down.

· Registered
100 Posts
In Jamaica, I have a bank account that started when I was 6yrs old with 10,000 US dollars which is 488,800 Jamaican dollars. Now with interest over the years and me not touching the account until recently, it has grown quite a bit so I used some of the money to pay for the R33 as well as selling my Lancer Evo III. As far as the dyno I got approved for a nice size loan so I will probably take it.

Actually what I might do is go to NOPI Nationals this weekend and do some dyno runs up there. We shall see.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.