Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question regarding a decision that I will one day make (within 2 years). Should I get a B13 SE-R, a B15 SE, or a B15 SE-R. I know the difference in horsepower between the engines and that makes me more leaniant towards the new SE-R's but the 6500 (I think) redline sucks when compared to the 7200 rpm redline on the old SE-R's. I plan to turbo which ever car I end up with (import tuner had a supercharged B15 SE-R) but I don't know where to start. What are the pros and cons to each of these? Any personal experience/opinions? Any info will be greatly appriciated.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'd say go for the B13 because the initial cost is cheaper adn it has been around for a while, and there are plenty of aftermarket performance products available for it. Also the block design is closed deck as opposed to the cost-saving open deck design of the QR25. The SR20 has been proven to churn out 400 hp on stock internals. The Q25 may be able to support high horsepower but it has not been proven. That and the SR20 revs higher. That being said, SE-Rs are rapidly falling into the hands of enthusiasts that do not want to let them go, so you may have a hard time finding one. Also who knows what kind of shape it will be , and what kind of maintenance you will need to d oto keep a 10 year old car running properly.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check out the new issue of sport compact car, they do sort of a mini article on the difference of the sr20 and the qr25 in their "techno babble" section

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not an expert on engines and shit like that but what I do is that superchargers are designed for the engine that is going to be installed in. If an engine (stock) does not come with a turbo and you do add one to if, don't expect to have that engine for along time. I've heard many stories of people adding turbo's to a non-turbo car and then regretting it.

VORACHO

·
Registered
13 Posts
basically it comes down to how far you are willing to go. If you plan to dump thousands of dollars on making your car "super fast" then it doesnt matter wich platform you choose. they all can be made fast. Hell, a geo metro can with enough money thrown at it and desire. But in the real world MOST of us are on a budget. if you want a newer car that is pretty quick, turns alot of heads and has a good reputation from its previous editions, than buy a spec v...you wont be dissapointed. if you want a cheap economical way to go fast and have fun, buy a 200sx or sentra se/se-l. if you want to go balls out for around 8k for everything buy a classic and a fmax turbo setup.....either way you go nobody will be able to touch you in any given class. truth is these cars can actually cost less to make quick than a honda because unlike honda our original motor in most cases is a great platform to work off of and that saves you 2-4 thousand right there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts