Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Nissan Guru
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just picked up a 1994 Special edition two days ago and im tryin to figure out what is different between the trim levels. i know its related to ser in looks and interior but i seem to think other than lack of sr20 some other things i cant see are the same. my suspension is very good, i mean supprisingly good. it is completely flat going into turns and i think once i get rid of the 13s id be real good. so im thinking it may share susmension components? i dont really know but it dosent ride like a typical b13. at all. so as you can see im new to the b13. i been on the forum before cause i had a silver 1999 b14, and it did not drive as well as this one dose at all. all hale the b13. far surpior by far to the b14. im excited to be in the club. so any info about the differences between SE, Special Edition and the others would be great.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Basically you have a ga16de powered SER. Entire drive train is different. 2 door? Sway bars are not the same but other than that I believe its the same suspension wise. Also the brakes are the GA not the SER brakes.

·
Nissan Guru
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thats what i thought so my next question is do i install the ser brakes to upgrade or the nx 2000 brakes. i can tell they are different in some way but i cant tell if one is better, it is a 2 door, and ther is a sway bar in the back as well as the front, but i want to put pads in the rear in place of drums. so is that easy to swap or what?

·
Registered
485 Posts
ok thats what i thought so my next question is do i install the ser brakes to upgrade or the nx 2000 brakes. i can tell they are different in some way but i cant tell if one is better, it is a 2 door, and ther is a sway bar in the back as well as the front, but i want to put pads in the rear in place of drums. so is that easy to swap or what?
easy compaerd to some other mods and other cars. Not the easiest or cheapest. Just go to the nx brakes unless you find a really good deal on the se-r(almost free).

·
Nissan Guru
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok and how about the rear breaks can we swap those out for the ser back brakes cause everything im finding is for the b14, and it says youneed the ser beam axle but we have independent suspension so whats the deal with that?

·
Registered
485 Posts
The rear are the ones that are tough. Have to replace everything. Same situation though. either find a se-r or nx and buy the entire rear brake setup. Will aslo need lines and prob a master cylinder.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts