Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone knows a easy trick to fix a slow oil leak? this is my second z31. this one is turbo. both leaked oil i think it comes from a pulley by the oil pan?

·
Registered
11 Posts
suggestion

take a weekend and tighten up the loose ends. make sure your valve covers arent the problem and your oil pan isnt cracked.

·
Z31 know-it-all
1,023 Posts
anyone knows a easy trick to fix a slow oil leak? this is my second z31. this one is turbo. both leaked oil i think it comes from a pulley by the oil pan?
Until you figure out where exactly it's leaking from, you're going to have a hard time getting anyone to pinpoint how to fix it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Oil leak

Funny thing is when I got mine it leaked oil too. The guy i bought it from said it needed new gaskets. I ended up just taking some time checking bolts here and there and it ended up being the valve cover blots being lose. Tightened them right up and the leak stopped. Just check around to make sure everything is good, check for cracks too, check hoses, pretty much check everything that would have oil passing threw it. Good Luck

·
Z31 know-it-all
1,023 Posts
Funny thing is when I got mine it leaked oil too. The guy i bought it from said it needed new gaskets. I ended up just taking some time checking bolts here and there and it ended up being the valve cover blots being lose. Tightened them right up and the leak stopped. Just check around to make sure everything is good, check for cracks too, check hoses, pretty much check everything that would have oil passing threw it. Good Luck
Good man. At least you are one of the smarter ones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts