Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

Well I went down to the shop I work at today and hooked up the remote oil filter kit and my oil gauges. The install went pretty good. Took me about three hours(not at all in a hurry). All readings are what I expected: oil psi, idle cold-50psi, hot(180deg)-13psi 3krpms-about 60psi. Also the remote system uses about 3/4 of a quart more oil. I wired the gauge lighting to light up with my cluster lights, also I put a switch before them so I can shut off the lights to the tach and the new gauges if I want.
I guess the next thing to do is find a spot to put my water temp sender so that I can hook that gauge up as well. Questions/comments, drop me a line. Link to my website for pics and my email are below(one pic of filter location on project page).

·
Platinum
462 Posts
nice work

Looks good! I really need to get oil pressure/temp gauges. I saw your page and noticed you installed your meters on the AC vent. Did you just kill that thing or relocated somewhere else?

I also liked your relocated oil filter. I hate changing oil filter on my car. Everytime I do it, I have to rise my car up and dive under the car to do it. I always get oil "BAM!!" all over on me. I hate that.

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CarbonBlack200,
Yep I killed the vent, my car does not have A/C(base model) and I never run the heat through those vents, so its not a problem. As for oil changes, I think it might make a mess under it when I change the filter, oh well the sacrifices we make.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts