Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so its ben bugging me for a long time, the oil pressure gauge in my car says the pressure is always low. i also leak oil from time to time, only when i drive alot; i was wondering what kind of tool i need to check my oil pressure? and if it is low where do i begin to fix it?

any help would be awesome.

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
What pressure does the guage read at idle. 10-12 psi at idle is perfectly safe, so long as oil distribution to anywhere is not blocked. Actually, if it were, that would raise your oil pressure anyway...... :) It matters less what oil pressure is at idle and more where oil pressure is in the mid-range/ high rpm, when engine load is highest....
You also may be using too thin an oil , 5W30 and any weights in that area causes very low oil pressure readings. I use 10W40 myself, and have used 15W40 in my turbo engine.......

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
Hmmm I run 5W30. Of course I don't have an oil pressure gauge at the moment but should I run 10W40?

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
♣AsleepZ♣ said:
Hmmm I run 5W30. Of course I don't have an oil pressure gauge at the moment but should I run 10W40?
You're in kinda the deep south, it really shouldn't ever get cold enough to require 5w30.......I'd say 10w40 just because the VG30 is a torque motor with some consequently higher bearing loads.

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
alright I'll try that in my next oil change coming up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts