Nissan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the forums, and couldn't come up with an answer for this. I want to install an oil pressure (And possibly oil temp) guage in my 200sx and i want to know how i'm going ot be doing it. Do i need a new sender? Will i still be able to use the stock oil light hooked to the ECU (is it even hooked to it?) Where are the senders if there are any? ect.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I think that you can get an oil filter "sandwich" adaptor that will allow you to get an oil pressure signal to the gauge. I am still new to the b14, so I am not sure if there is an oil pressure sending unit on this motor. If there is, I am still guessing you cannot use it just because the chances of the signals from every vehicle maker's oil pressure sending units being the same is next to impossible.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Hook up the oil pressure gauge to an adaptor which screws into the tapped hole in the block where the factory oil pressure sending unit attaches. NisSport sells an adaptor.

Lew

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lshadoff said:
Hook up the oil pressure gauge to an adaptor which screws into the tapped hole in the block where the factory oil pressure sending unit attaches. NisSport sells an adaptor.

Lew
that allows for use of the stock stuff too right?

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Terran200sx said:
that allows for use of the stock stuff too right?
I guess you didn't read the link I gave you. It says:

"The oil pressure switch is installed in the 1/8 BSPT “female” end of the adapter, and the “male” end is threaded into the stock oil pressure switch location. The adapter includes three additional 1/8 NPT threaded ports for gauges, oil source for a turbo, or whatever else works for your application. It comes with two 1/8 NPT threaded plugs to seal unused ports."

That means that you can install the stock oil pressure sending unit (that's all the "stock stuff" there is) into the adaptor, and there are three additional 1/8 NPT ports. You can install your gauge tube (or sending unit if it is electronic) into one of the ports and can plug the other two with the plugs provided with the adaptor.

Lew

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh, ok i didn't see that. Where is the sender actually located?

·
Registered
203 Posts
I enjoyed the site too! Has a lot of great information. Even if you ain't got it like that and can't afford the turbo. :( Maybe I missed it, but where did you get the guage pods from?

·
Registered
203 Posts
scooterbob said:
I enjoyed the site too! Has a lot of great information. Even if you ain't got it like that and can't afford the turbo. :( Maybe I missed it, but where did you get the guage pods from?
Doops! Seen now that it was part of the kit. Sorry. Noob mistake. :balls:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts