Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you installed oil pressure and/or voltage/charging gauges in your car? I don't like these "dummy lights". I'd rather see what's going on so I can possibly spot any trends or catch a potential problem early. If you have, what have you used and how have you installed it?

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
I've never installed them but I think that little cubby hole under the ashtray would be a great place to put them.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree, that does look like a good place to mount them. However, I've started keeping too many things in there like tire pressure guage, spare change, ink pen, written warning for speeding, etc. I've been thinking about covering one of the middle air vents and using that as a mounting place for the guages. Besides, I'd rather have it mounted further up so I can see it easier.

Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JonHasAn89SE said:
Have any of you installed oil pressure and/or voltage/charging gauges in your car? I don't like these "dummy lights". I'd rather see what's going on so I can possibly spot any trends or catch a potential problem early. If you have, what have you used and how have you installed it?
I have a b13 with Splitfire Oil Pressure and Voltmeter gauges mounted on the A-pillar. Slick!!! Do prep work first, get the wiring set up first. This what I did, Got the gauges and the a-pillar pod. Got 16-18 gauge wire red, green and black measured them out made sure I had enough wire to the sending units and ground. Looked under the dash to route the wires. Waited a couple of days of "deep thought" and made sure this what I wanted to do.

2 evenings later, I put everything together. It took me about 2 hrs to complete the install. I was pleased. It looked professional. So my advice, take your time and make sure you do the prep work first and it will save you a lot problems later on. :) late

Q in Sac

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
i once has oil pressure/voltage in dash (passenger side)... i drilled 2in hole with a door bell (you know the bells ment to cut for wooden door), and it fitted just above the glove box... ill be putting those one later this month (october) when ill change my engine... ill get some pix to show you wath it look like...

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmmm, that sounds interresting. I never considered cutting new holes. And the door hole cutter sounds like a good idea to make sure it's a round hole.

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
ill be posting some photo nest week, cuz it aint done in my car now... (had an other b12)... ill show it up to you all next week with a neat idea that cannot be explain!!... ;) just wait a bit !! you wont be sorry !!

:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts