Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so a 1997 200SX SE-R w/ SR20DE......does it have a oil pressure sending unit or a oil pressure switch?? I want to install an oil pressure gauge. Anyone have an experience they might wanna share??

Thanks

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DUH!!!!

Ok i guess im an imbecile..........im a mechanic that thinks there is a possibility of a pressure sending unit on a car without a gauge!!!! obviously theres a switch.......now to find where it is!!!!

Thanks

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
I havent really seen where the switch is, but I can tell you that on a GA it is close to the oil filter.. Wait I have a book here..Hold on..Damn, not in there.. If you want to intall a guage I would bet the switch on the SR is the same as on a GA. You can either take the switch out and replace it with a 1/8"NPT sender, or you can make a "T" out of 1/8"NPT stuff found at your local hardware store. This way you can retain the stock"idiot" light. One other option is a Greddy oil filter block with sender ports or a set-up like I have(Its on my site). Hope this helps.

·
Registered
79 Posts
VDO makes a oil pressure sending unit that will replace the stock one and give you two outputs: one for the stock light switch, the other for an accurate guage to 80psi.

I believe it is part number 360 006

Aaron

·
Registered
151 Posts
Re: DUH!!!!

Manytoys said:
Ok i guess im an imbecile..........im a mechanic that thinks there is a possibility of a pressure sending unit on a car without a gauge!!!! obviously theres a switch.......now to find where it is!!!!

Thanks
Its directly above the axle support on the passenger side. Besides the starter, its the only thing back there with a wire on it. The best thing to do it get a quality T fitting, and keep the stock light. The sending unit, and the hole are 1/8BSPT, and most aftermarket gauges are 1/8 NPT. These are close, but they are not interchangeable. You will need an adapter.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help......im probably going to attempt getting everything installed and wired sat morning so.....wish me luck!!!!:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts