Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
FIVE SPEED&FOAM INJECTION
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know good the stock oil cooler is effiecency wise? Im debating replacing it- I have to replace the lines so I figured---- why not just do the whole thing----- I know the manual cars dont have one anyways.....or do they? It would be stupid for me to bypas it just b/c of a leak so I have to replace it- I was just kinda wondering anyones opinion............educated of course

·
Registered
108 Posts
0341TODD said:
Does anyone know good the stock oil cooler is effiecency wise? Im debating replacing it- I have to replace the lines so I figured---- why not just do the whole thing----- I know the manual cars dont have one anyways.....or do they? It would be stupid for me to bypas it just b/c of a leak so I have to replace it- I was just kinda wondering anyones opinion............educated of course
No the manuals don't have them, only turbo autos. If you legitemetly need an oil cooler, I'd opt for a new one. I'm sure the 20 year old cooler needs some upgrading. If you don't do any road racing or very extended track times....you could probably just bypass it.

·
FIVE SPEED&FOAM INJECTION
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No man, its auto y'know? I dont even drag race and try not to street race. How are those lines plugged up on your block? I was thinking about replacing it with an oil cooler kit I bought for my nx- I would like to keep it since I live in sw fl y'know? its hot as balls here LOL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts