8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This i my secound Ga engine with two separate cars
that the motor starts leaking slowly about 50.000 miles

CAN anyone tell me whats going on?

·
freakish poster
1,236 Posts
Usually they leak at the crank pulley seal. But then again I have 142K with absolutely no leaking so who knows why some do and some don"t.

·
Registered
154 Posts
revving to 7000rpm isn't exactly good for your engine but then agian it doesn't hurt it. A seal can go out for many reasons
1. You've added way to much oil.
2. Revving that high builds up more oil pressure a gasket can go out.
3. If you pressure wash your engine a gasket can go out.
4. Periodically you need to retighten your valve cover or you could leak oil there.
I hope this helps. Have fun finding your leak
Josh

·
Registered
120 Posts
Non functional PCV valve allows pressure buildup in the crankcase can cause or exacerbate leaks.

Worn rings allow blowby and increase pressure in crankcase, sometimes beyond the PCV valve's ability to vent it back into combustion stream - this too can cause or exacerbate leaks.

M

·
0 Posts
Raul said:
Non functional PCV valve allows pressure buildup in the crankcase can cause or exacerbate leaks.

Worn rings allow blowby and increase pressure in crankcase, sometimes beyond the PCV valve's ability to vent it back into combustion stream - this too can cause or exacerbate leaks.

Non functional PCV valves? If this is so will it cause a serious leak from the front seal?

M

·
0 Posts
javierb14 said:
every car will leak something eventually.....where is yours leaking from? kinda need to know before anyone can answer your question.
Front seal:D What happened was as the car idled It was fine, but after about 20 or 30 minutes of idling it started leaking from what looked to be the timing belt area, and it wasnt a slow drip.....drip.... It was more like a Dribble..Dribble..Dribble quiker than a drip but slower than a pour, so I shut it off. (I assumed front seal) Be advised, the car sat for about 2 years

·
P.O.S. Truckdriver
2,070 Posts
front seal is very easy to change if you have an air gun for the pulley bolt. i let mine go for so long that after about a week i would always have oil all over the back of my car. it was a slow leak for about 4 months. lesson learned there

1 - 13 of 13 Posts